By checking out lists of funeral songs to play at a funeral or wake, you can learn how to dedicate a suitable funeral song to the memory of the deceased. There are many options to choose from and among these, playing the favorite songs of the deceased is an option that is worth checking out. Some people prefer choosing songs that are more sentimental while others have their own choices. The nice thing is that there are plenty of funeral songs to choose from and many of these have especially been dedicated to the memory of the departed soul.
When the time comes to check lists of funeral songs to play at a funeral or wake, you need to keep a few things in mind. You should opt for funeral songs that help to reflect on the deceased and which both grieve over their demise as well as help to celebrate the life of the deceased. When choosing music, be sure to pick something that offers comfort and which evoke nice memories of the deceased. The best funeral songs are those which reflect the personality of the deceased. You can also go with funeral songs that were much loved by the deceased during their lifetime.
You can also ask for suggestions from the family and if you are finding it hard to pick the best funeral songs for a funeral or wake then opt for something that is an instrumental funeral song. Visit their site at http://resources.yourtribute.com/funeral-songs/
The bottom line is that when checking lists of funeral songs to play at a funeral or wake, you should first of all listen to the funeral song and also check its lyrics. You will be able to check different lists of funeral songs to play at a funeral or wake. There are numerous websites that are devoted to providing such lists.
Entrance or Gathering Songs:
Psalms/ Responsorial Psalm Songs:
Preparation of the Gifts/ Offertory/Communion Songs:
The most important thing about these Catholic funeral songs is that they acknowledge the mystery of life and death’s as well as God’s promise of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Most Popular Songs Played During Funerals
A funeral is a time for loss and a time to commemorate the life of a recently departed loved one. While funerals are always drab affairs, there is no need for total silence or to aggravate further the emotions of losing a loved one. There should be no more need for excess grief. Instead, mourners should remember the deceased for the life he or she lived than the sorrow the mourners are experiences. The most popular funeral songs are often played to remember the deceased person’s impact to his family or the world.
Some of the most popular funeral songs are:
- “Father and Son” by Cat Stevens reminds people of the life’s vicissitudes in a rendering of simple guitars and rich baritones.
- “Pictures of You” by The Cure is a new wave song from the 1980s, of which the song gives meaning to the intangibility of loss.
- “The Best” by Tina Turner does not leave any interpretation. The title says it all. One has only to play this song for the best person he or she has ever met.
- “Goin’ Back” by Dusty Springfield reflects on the lessons of youth. The song offers the directive of playing the game of life to win.
- “Candle in the Wind” by Elton John was originally a tribute to Marilyn Monroe in 1973. The song was revived in 1997 for the funeral of Diana, the Princess of Wales. The song highlights the frailty, grace, and strength of life.
- “Circle of Life” by Elton John enables people to connect their lives with the tapestry of existence. The song was written for “The Lion King,” which was an animated film released in 1995.
- “Amazing Grace” by Elvis is the King of Rock N’ Roll’s treatment of a traditional spiritual favorite.
- “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton is an offering of condolence to people who have lost their loved ones. This song was written after the death of Clapton’s young son.
- “My Way” by Frank Sinatra is one of the more popular funeral songs. This is a tribute to the people who did things in their own way.
- “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor is a song that commemorates a lifetime of love, good days, and bad days, and experience.
By playing these songs at a funeral, the ones left behind would be calmed and content to know that their deceased loved one had lived a full life. Click here for more articles on choosing songs to play at a funeral service.
Choosing the Perfect Funeral Songs for a Memorial
A funeral song can be from a variety of genres. The following list is of the most popular funeral songs from any genre.